Museum of Yugoslavian history
Museum of Yugoslavian history was founded in 1996, and in its composition are "The May 25th Museum", "Old Museum", "House of Flowers", and historical-documentary and artistic material Revolution Museum and Memorial Center. The museum has about 200 000 exhibits that testify to the material and spiritual culture of the former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
"The May 25th Museum" was built in 1962 by the preliminary design by architect Mike Jankovic Belgrade as a gift to President Tito for his seventieth birthday, and in this area are held thematic exhibitions with material from the funds of the Museum. "Old Museum" was built in 1965 according to plans by architect Branko Bon. In the permanent exhibition "Around the World" was exhibited part of ethnographic collections (folk costumes, musical instruments, craft weapons and various ethnographic objects). "House of Flowers" was built based on the project architects Stephen King, originally as a place for the president's vacation. In 1980, at his own wish, Tito was buried in it. The permanent exhibition "Tito personally" presents items that Josip Broz commonly used. The exhibition features 128 and relay batons, which since 1945. Tito received from pioneers and youth each 25 May for his birthday.
Address: Boticeva 6, 11000 Belgrade
Phone: +381 (0) 11 3671485